Helping you find the support and information you need

People with hearing loss are not alone. Firstly there are 12 million people, one in five adults, in the UK who have some kind of hearing loss.

Your GP should be your first port of call if you think you are suffering from any health concerns which could be related to your hearing. If you are assessed for further investigation, then you could be referred to us at Clifton Audiology. We assess you hearing explain the test results and if we can offer management and rehabilitation, or refer you to an appropriate healthcare professional.

There are also several great organisations providing support and information, and we wanted to help you find them. So we’ve created a list below. It’s not exhaustive and if you think we have left any organisations off that people should know about, then please get in touch and let us know.



Formerly, Action on Hearing Loss, the RNID works to make life fully inclusive for deaf people and those with hearing loss or tinnitus. They have lots of useful information on the website on Tinnitus, Hearing Loss and Ear Health. They also have information and support material for working, as an employer or employee, communication support and a contact line for free information and support.

Phone: 0808 808 0123


British Tinnitus Association

An independent charity supporting people who experience tinnitus and advise medical professionals from across the world. It works to facilitate an improved quality of life. They aim to encourage prevention through education and have a medical research programme aimed at finding an effective treatment for tinnitus.

They have a free and confidential helpline: 0800 018 0527


Age UK

Over 40% of people over the age of 50 have some form of hearing loss. Age UK supports older people when they need it most. They have a strong network of community support across the UK.



The National Health Service has a wealth of information and directories for support for all health conditions, including hearing loss. There is an extensive health and social support guide. It is also where at this time you will find the most up to date information and advice on COVID-19.


Access to Work

This Government run intiative aims to help people who are disabled or have a physical or mental health condition that makes it hard for them to do their job. Your employer should make reasonable adjustments to help you do your job, but these are not enough, you may be able to get help from Access to Work. You’ll be offered support based on your needs, which may include a grant to help cover the costs of practical support in the workplace. Your workplace can include your home if you work from there some or all of the time.


Local support

Centre for Deaf and Hard of Hearing people (CFD)

CFD is a charity supporting deaf and hard of hearing people and their friends and families in Bristol. The majority of the staff and trustees are Deaf or Hard of Hearing so fully understand the impact of living with hearing loss. They share experiences and provide practical information and advice on dealing with the challenges hearing loss brings.

Phone: 0117 9398653


Sensory Support

Sensory support helps children and young people to learn at home, in early years settings and schools by working with families and a range of professionals from educational settings and services, health care, social care and voluntary organisations. Support is available from the time your child is diagnosed to when they leave school or further education. Local or specialist hospitals make the most referrals for children.

More information:

We hope this list is helpful. If you have any questions or suggestions for this list, then please contact us.